Hello my beautiful souls and welcome to our new series Wine Thursday’s where I take new and exciting topics picked by you to discuss every Thursday! And don’t forget to subscribe to our email list to be informed when I post next! And also please comment below any topics you would like me to discuss next week! Now let’s jump into it shall me!
“Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others. ” – Christopher Germer
In a world full of new wave topics discussing self-care and self-love people are starting to wonder if they even have time for themselves. What if you have kids, a demanding job, a chore list down to the floor, dinner to be made, and a committed love relationship you want to tend to. Well the question on everyone’s mine is “do I stop what I’m doing for some me time”? Or “Do I have to be selfish to enjoy my life”?
“It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary. ” – Mandy Hale
And my answer is YES YES and YES!! I’m sorry, but for all those people thinking they can have it all without attending to their own needs are just plain silly and in denial of their own self. You have to be selfish for your own sanity. YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOU TIME. This world is literally non-stop, but for everything around you to not go too crazy, you need to stop yourself and take some you time. If you find yourself and your life getting crazier by the second, it is only going to get worse. When your mind and body are both calm and relaxed, things will fall into place the way they are suppose to.
“The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. ” – Steve Maraboli
But how can I practice self-love and self-care with kids? How can I be selfish when I have a family or a job to attend to? Well I have 5 tips that will help anyone be selfish to themselves and still get what they need to get done throughout the day. But please remember…. the most important person is you and it will always be you. You need to have a healthy mind, soul, gut, and spirit to love others, but most importantly love yourself. You can’t have a happy life if you yourself aren’t.
“Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. ” – Lucille Ball
1. You can practice self-love and self-care literally anywhere! Grab your diffuser, some gentle music on Spotify, your yoga mat, and just be zen with your kids. They might even want to join in! And if you need to turn on the tv for a half hour or hour to get some yoga in that is absolutely OKAY! That doesn’t make you a bad MOM at all!
2. On your lunch break or when the kids are napping, go walk or workout with weights at home! Even grab the stroller and listening to some music and walk! Work out on the time you have available! Even if it’s for 20-30 minutes! This is your chance to breath and move.
3. Read! When everyone is asleep, set aside a half hour of tea and book time for you.
4. Take a bath! When you get home from work, light candles, play some music or your favorite podcast, and just relax.
5. Take a couple of days for yourself! Even if it’s just a day! Grab your journal, your workout clothes, and your headphones and get someone to watch the kids or take a sick day from work and go for a hike! Sometimes with all the loudness outside we need to go be with nature to think!
It’s okay to not tend to your relationship, job, or even kids for a day. This does not make you a bad person! To be the positive role model in your loved ones lives, you need to be happy with yourself! You need to be present to have great relationships with everyone else. Be present with yourself. You come first!