Hi babes! I thought it would be a fun and informative blog post to talk about my sexuality. And if you have any questions ask in the comments below xo
What is it like being a lesbian in 2018?
- It feels great and kind of scary. We have come so far with marriage and equality, but with what’s going on in the world and government it is kind of scary to see we’re going a little backwards.
- When I was younger the only role models I had were from the hit series The L Word. Now there are so many young Youtubers sharing their coming out stories and sharing how it gets better. Which is absolutely amazing for our younger generation. It’s really cool to watch other lesbians talk about their life and struggles especially because we don’t have tv shows to help us with those type of subject.
- With new advancements with fertility and getting pregnant. It still is a bummer with how expensive it is! Raising kids are expensive as it is, but paying to get pregnant, especially if it doesn’t work, is a lot. And it’s sad that it’s not a combination of both parents. And I feel like still today people don’t fully understand what that feels like.
- I feel like our community is getting tighter and stronger!
- There is more music that we can relate to! Like Hayley Kiyoko and Lynn Gunn from the band Pvris.
- There still aren’t shows that are completely for LGBTQ related. As straight people like to watch a romantic drama or comedy about the boy and girl falling in love. We probably have a good 10-15 movies from over the years of that, but no shows! Could you imagine only having gay related shows as a straight person? That would suck!
If you would like me to write my coming out story please let me know in the comments below xo