My 5 ways to live authentically while recovering from your depression

My 5 ways to live authentically while recovering from your depression

Hey vibrant souls! How is everyone! Living authentically is such a beautiful thing. A thing I am only just discovering now how important it is.

Being authentic means living your true genuine self and connecting to your own beliefs and values. It’s being mindful and being self-aware of your own weaknesses and strengths.

When overcoming depression, you may find yourself not really living your true self. It might feel like you’re discovering yourself all over again. So how do you live an authentic life?

1. Being mindful

Be mindful of your words and thoughts. Understanding them and being able to let go of the ones that are negative.

2. Discovering your own beliefs

As kids, we were unfortunately told what to believe in. We had no say or understanding on what we were being told to believe in. Discovering what you truly believe in and go forward with it. It could be anything, as long as it makes you happy.

3. Letting yourself feel

When suffering from depression you have a lot of feelings coming in and out. Make sure to go through all the feelings. Allow yourself to feel and then allow yourself to let go.

4. Don’t be scared to try new things

You don’t have to just stick to one thing. When you are transitioning from depression to the healing process make sure to get out there. Try reading, new hobbies, and working out. For me writing on this blog as let me express myself in a more authentic way.

5. Being yourself

And of course just being yourself!! There isn’t just one way to be authentic. Just be you and be happy.
So much love,

The Blonde Healer xo

16 Comments

1. August 8, 2017 / 4:27 am

I wish more people would realise at a younger age how good it is to just be you. To not worry about what others think of you, to do exactly what you want to do. Not that it is free from issues but at least this way any problems are things that you actually care about.

2. Coyote from Orion
    August 8, 2017 / 8:21 am

It’s tough sometimes. Had a good talk with my doctor today and managed to go through some key aspects of it. In 25 years of years of mental illness and 18 years of sobriety he is the first doctor or psychologist who hasn’t told me that it is ok to stay totally abstinent. Most think we can become social drinkers one day. I have found that staying off booze and marijuana my worst day I can at least identify what the problem is.

3. August 8, 2017 / 1:08 pm

Thank you for this 💖. Currently going through a weird phase and this is what I needed

• Coyote from Orion
      August 8, 2017 / 7:43 pm

Can probably relate. Don’t lose gratitude for those who are with you

4. August 9, 2017 / 2:46 pm

Awesome blog! Love all your content – thanks for sharing!

5. August 9, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Loved this post! Indeed, letting go all the negative emotions/words/memories is essential. No need to forget, but forgive for your own sake.

6. August 9, 2017 / 6:51 pm

First, I love your pictures with your cat! Second, great post! It’s so important being authentic, especially when you are going through something rough. I discovered how important it is while I was chronically ill (it’s going better now!). I’m vegan now, never thought I would become that but it has grounded me and has healed my body so fast. It started out as a health thing but now it’s more of a soulthing as well. Great post, good to remind us to be mindful 🙂

• August 9, 2017 / 6:57 pm

Thank you so much for the love!! Xo I’m so sorry to hear about being sick, but I’m so happy you’re much better!! Xo

7. August 9, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Love this list. I think a lot of the time we struggle with trying to be out own person while dealing with the expectations of our families/ friends. Sometimes it’s hard to tell everyone to back off a bit and let you make your own choice/mistakes. I know I always feel lighter when I ignore the opinions of others and listen to myself. Since only you, can make you happy.

Keri Elaine