When you have to walk away from a bad friendship.

When you have to walk away from a bad friendship.

Hey vibrant souls! How is everyone doing on this beautiful Friday? Something I wanted to so deeply discuss on this blog was overcoming any abuse you may of had in the past. I wanted this platform to show you that you can have the most fun, loving, and colorful life you dreamt about while in a deep state of darkness from any narcissist in your life at the time.
I had two situations with narcissist. One being my parent (s). The other was with a close friend of almost 10 years. I go back and forth with myself on why I would let someone treat me so badly. Why would I call that person a friend.
What people need to remember is that when you have been with a narcissist since you were born, you except more narcissistic people into your life because that is your normal. Being treated badly is your normal.
So what do you do when it’s a friend?
1. Take a step back and look at the whole picture.

Evaluate your life and the people in it. For example, I felt like I couldn’t escape my parent (s) at the time, but I could. Start making baby steps out.
2. Take a deep breath.

If you have a narcissistic friend, chances are you got into many fights with them where they treated you so badly, you yelled to stick up for yourself and then it gets turned around on you. ITS NOT YOUR FAULT SO STOP THINKING THAT WAY. Take a deep breath and meditate.
3. Don’t let them get in your head.

Whatever you do, no matter how hard it is, don’t let them get the best of you. Remove yourself completely from the situation. Even if that means you have to turn off your phone and go stay with other friends for a while just to get away from these peoples.
4. Your emotions and mental help come first.

Your health is number one. Walk away. Make new friends. Make a new family. You can have an amazing life once you start walking away from these people.
Please comment below and let me know if you had any narcissistic friends you had to walk away from.

Xoxo The Blonde Healer

21 Comments

1. July 8, 2017 / 2:18 am

I can definitely relate in terms of having someone you think is a “friend”. One of my mentors once said to me, “if they bring no happiness or positivity to your life, cut them out completely because you don’t need them”, I’m paraphrasing. But its legit. All you’re gonna do is stress out over them even though they don’t care about you. It’s hard to do at first, but I’m glad I did it. Have a kickass weekend!

• July 8, 2017 / 3:20 am

This is so awesome!! Amazing words!! Have the most positive weekend xo

2. July 8, 2017 / 4:52 am

Friends that want the best for you and understand what you want out of life are the best.! Great post girly! 🙂

3. July 8, 2017 / 8:35 am

I had some bad friendships before and I am so glad I got rid off them

• July 11, 2017 / 1:23 am

I’m so glad you’re getting all the negativity out of your life!! Xo

4. July 9, 2017 / 9:31 am

Love this post; it’s so true. Sometimes people are in our life…for the wrong reason – and there’s nothing wrong with cutting them out of it! I’m glad you managed to escape and leave that narcisstic friend behind 🙂 xx

5. July 10, 2017 / 11:12 am

They gravitated towards me my whole life- let me tell you- so your post really resonated. In recent years I have not allowed it to happen anymore and value myself for the wonderful, worthy person they could never see.

• July 11, 2017 / 1:22 am

I’m happy you’re blocking negativity out of your life!! Xo

6. July 12, 2017 / 9:12 am

Never forget one thing. First of all, you have responsibility to yourself and nobody else. Letting someone else abuse you would not be beneficial. So taking the right action is ok. However, you should not let this influence yourself and block your future. Since you can not put everyone into one drawer you shall be open enough to give everyone the equal chance. Also do not carry on to have negative thoughts on someone, keeping them in distance or keeping them into good, not personal level involved is a smart balance way not to affect you. Keep it up, nice writing

7. July 18, 2017 / 4:07 am

This is so spot on, Hun. And it is such an important thing to be touched upon, thank you for sharing this. Sending you love xx